23 May 2012

Time Will Tell - - Halfway

Although I'm not real sure what to write tonight, I felt I ought to mark the occasion with a short post before bed.  I have completed the halfway point to my 63 days.  My fingers have a solid callus - one as such I haven't had since I was living in Ireland and playing every day there - and my fiddle has (relatively) new strings.  These week has been a lot of playing with session recordings.  I have loved when I have been able to identify a tune name in a set (one set I even had ALL the names, some from recently acquiring, some from past memory).  More and more tunes are tending to pop out without names.

This week also saw an official "deactivation" of my facebook account.  Seemingly a small thing, cutting cold turkey is a little strange.  Some of my usual patterns have been thrown out of whack, such as coming home and checking the "news" via the recent update feed.  The decision has been floating in my head a while now, but it finally clicked as the right thing to do when some recent message drama went down.  I don't need that stress in my life at this point (or...at any point?) and so I left.  It is weird now, but I have a feeling a part of me will come to like it.  I'm also getting the sense that if/when I do reactivate the account, I will be on it much less frequently. Time will tell.

Time will also tell how long I'll keep my continuous fiddling up.  Halfway point.  Doesn't really feel like it's been that many consecutive days, which I'm taking as a good sign.  It hardly ever feels like work, and when it does, it's that enjoyable work that brings a high level of satisfaction and accomplishment at the end.

I did have an unusual experience playing last night.  I was feeling frustrated (FB messages) and was playing my heart out, windows wide open to let the 75* breeze waft through.  Working through a set of reels, I got to Humours of Bolton Street (end of the set with Wish I Never Saw You and Piper on Horseback), someone outside the window gave a hand.  I think it was my neighbour who goes out and smokes (that I've slammed my window shut on more than once), as he was the only being that I could see, but can't be sure.  Not sure what my neighbours think; not sure how often they do hear.  I'm not worried about disturbing them, but it's just interesting pondering.

And to all my avid readers (lol)....signing off!  Have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend if you're Stateside!

No comments:

Post a Comment